On this page we collected for you the most useful resources which we used and are currently using to book and plan all our travels, as well as purchase items for our trips. We highly recommend these websites and encourage you to check every website out and see what they can offer for your travel needs. These resources will help you plan your next trip, buy those needed travel essentials and show you what you absolutely need to see along the way.
These resources are continually updated to ensure that only the best information is available to you. We also attached promo codes to some of the links, so make sure you come back regularly as we update the page often with new deals!
THANK YOU so much guys for already supporting us on our journey to travel the world full time!
Whether we search for the cheapest flights, or book our next trip, we always do it with Skyscanner. We love that they compare all flights with every possible airline provider out there.
One the best companies that provides package deals, like flights and hotels in one. They are the experts in comparing everything you need to plan your travels + you get it at the lowest prices!
Another great booking engine that compares different airlines and gets the cheapest prices for you. We love how simple the website is and how easy it is to use.
Emirates is our favorite airline in the world! It has a lot of seating space, a big tv screen with thousands of movies to choose from, good food and everything is included in the price. Booking directly through their site is really easy.
One of our favourite sites for booking our accommodation. Wherever we go, we always book our hotels with booking.com. The site has a great interface and it easy to use and it assures you of the lowest prices!
BONUS: Use this link to get a 10% discount on your booking! Or use the following code: c09c92c2
The biggest search engine to find a hostel everywhere over the world. We used this site many times for all our budget travels.
We really recommend housesitting. Housesitting means that you take care of someone’s pet and house in exchange for a free stay! So you get all the luxury of your own house, while people are away on holiday, and even have the company of a cute furry friend: what isn’t there to love?!
We love this site as well to book our hotels. It’s a very extensive website with lots of filters to search. They often have deals going on, so it’s worth checking out the website regularly.
What we love the most about this website is that it compares hotels on other search engines so that you can be assured of the lowest price! The site is really easy to use and it forwards you directly to the website where the hotel is found on.
Whenever we want to hire a car in a certain country, we often use Hertz. Hertz is available literally everywhere over the world and you are assured of great quality cars for a good price.
We use Amazon to buy all our travel necessities. From guidebooks to camera equipment to other travel gadgets. You can literally find everything on this website!
When we want to go on a guided tour or try some other activities, we often book it through GetYourGuide. This site offers every possible activity you can think of.
Another great travel company where you can book really cool activities and even multi-day trips! They have lots of activities and tours to choose from, everywhere around the world.
This website is packed with deals! Whenever we want to visit an attraction or want to do a tour, we always check Klook to see if there is a discount. You can save lots of money by booking activities through this website!
When looking for the best places to visit or the coolest activities, we always check Tripadvisor. It has the most reviews about hotels, destinations and things to do.
Want to know our secret of how we build this website?! We did the ‘Business of Travel Blogging Course’ from Nomadic Matt! We loved it. It gave us all the practical things we needed to start our own blog and gave us tons of information about travel writing, SEO and even about how to make money with our travel blog! And he has even more courses focused on photography, videography and travel writing! Trust us: this is the course you need!
This is the tool we use to organise everything for our business! You can make different boards to organise tasks, information, your content schedule and much more. Since we discovered Trello, we can’t live without it anymore. We definitely recommend it to everyone and it’s free to use!
We recently switched to Convertkit and just love their email program! If you want a complete email program where it’s super easy to create different kinds of email sequences and send all your emails automatically, then definitely choose Convertkit! This program seriously makes creating sales funnels easy!
Envato is a great source for buying themes, graphics, plugins, fonts and literally anything you could think of for your website and graphic designs! We bought a lot of stuff through this website.
While blogging you’re writing a lot which means you’re probably going to make a lot of spelling mistakes. With Grammarly you no longer have to worry because this program checks your spelling ánd grammatica everywhere you write online. Good news is: you can start for free!
Lightroom is our primary photo editing software, we really can’t live without it! With Lightroom, you can not even edit your photos, but also organise your photos and create your very own presets. Both Lightroom and Photoshop are now available in a set for just $9.99 per month.
- Polarsteps: We use this app to automatically track our travels. Polarsteps follows exactly your travel route through GPS and you can also show it to your friends who follow you! For every stop, you can add a description and photos. Sort of a social media but then with your travel route, always automatically updated! We absolutely love using this app. Without noticing, we keep track of everywhere we’ve been. The tracking even works offline!
- Maps.me: The offline GPS navigation you need! When we have internet, we mostly use Google Maps, but since we are often going to remote places as well, we need an offline solution as well. That is maps.me for us! Just download the maps the want to use and then you can always use it offline!
- Tripcase: When you’re traveling you make tons of bookings at all kinds of different websites. Hotels through booking.com, flights through Skyscanner etc. How nice would it be if you can have all your bookings together in one app? With Tripcase you can!
- Travello: A social media app specially for travelers! On Travello you can post photos and stories, just like you would do on Facebook or any other social media, but what is most unique on this app is that you can easily find people that are close to you or that are also traveling to the same country as you. It is a great way to meet new people and there is even a section with meetups you can attend!
- Travelibro: Also a sort of social media app for travelers, but then really focused on trip itineraries. On this app, you can share your journey per day with the world, so other people can really follow your itinerary and get inspiration for themselves!
- Wikicamps: A super useful app (especially for Australia) to find every campground close to you or in the whole country. When we were roadtrippin’ through Australia we used this app all the time. You can literally find all the paid and free campsites in Australia and you can also see reviews from other people and what the price per night is.
- Flight Tracker: With this app, you can exactly follow a flight. Just type in the flight number or the destination and airline and you’ll find the flight in the app! It shows you at what time the flight is scheduled, if it’s on time or delayed and you can even see where the plane is right now on a map!
- Campermate: A bit the same as Wikicamps, but then for more countries and sometimes a bit more detailed. You can also find every paid and free campsite in a country. Plus from this app is that there are also private places listed, for example when you can stay on a driveway at someone’s home!
- GoHype: A very cool app on which you can book exactly the same trips as your favorite travel bloggers! Travel bloggers add information about the trip they did, hotels they stayed in and activities they did and you can book exactly the same hotel, activities etc. Great inspiration for your next trip!
Pin it for later ⇟
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links to services and products. This means that by clicking through these affiliate links and proceeding to purchase a product, we will receive a small commission, BUT you will pay the same amount as if you had visited the site directly. We want you to know that we never recommend a service that we don’t use ourself or not 100% believe in.
Our affiliate partnerships are one of the main ways we can travel for longer and thus provide you with useful travel information and inspiring travel stories for longer! Do you want to help us with this? Then use one of our affiliate links on this page to book your flight, accommodation, buy travel gear or whatever 🙂